Even before I start writing this one, I must say this is purely my personal view on how I look at book reviews. So, with all due respect to all book reviewers out there, I must say that I am not very fond of doing reviews of every book I read. So, when I found this topic as a suggestive prompt on a blogging platform, I wanted to write this one. And here goes 🙂
I somehow feel book reviews are slowly becoming more business like these days. I may sound tad bit annoying when I say this, but I can’t help it, that’s exactly how I feel. I remember in my childhood days, when we used to read much more than now a days, books were our treasures in our bedsides, our favorite companion in the afternoons and night time. Some of them we liked and loved, and there were many that we didn’t. And we used to read books in a leisurely manner. Now a days, it’s a little bit different that I personally don’t endorse very much.
So Let’s See Where I Beg To Differ With Others
- I personally think these days we are more keen to read books just to review them. I don’t enjoy going into a racing mode to finish books so that I have more books to review and get paid for doing so.
- It’s always much enriching to actually read a book and enjoy it, so that we will want to read it many times more. So, book reading for me is always a slow process, as I love to take it in bit by bit every day.
- Even if I don’t review books at all, I sometimes want to share my reading experience of any particular book or books with others, and that does not happen in a set review format. I just share the goods of some of my favorite books with everyone so that they can also know about the book and try them out if they want.
- I don’t review or share every book I read, because I think all books we come across may not have the quality or the necessary elements making them worthy of reviews. I detest the idea of reading books just for the sake of reviewing them. It cannot happen that you can like every book that you read.
- Books are some of our favorite companions. They are treasured in our home libraries, both in physical form and now a days in digital form. I personally don’t endorse going into speed reading mode for reviewing them, thereby diminishing the reading as well as the book writing quality.
In The End
Yes, in the end I will say this much that these are purely my personal views and they are not meant to hurt or criticize fellow readers who love writing book reviews. I personally don’t like reviewing every book I read. I have always been very selective in my sharing of my reading experiences with others. I only do so if I really like a story and feel the efforts of the author must be shared and commended.
So, let me know how much you have started hating me after reading this one :):) But, jokes apart, do let me know if you share my views or differ with them. Keep your comments coming and let’s deliberate on the same. Until next time, stay safe and healthy. Thanks. 🙂
‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon’